As Christians, we are called to care for our neighbours, whether they are strangers or friends.
Harvest festival donations to the Haslemere Food Bank
We are collecting items for the Haslemere Food Bank as part of our Harvest celebrations. They will be collected by the Elders visiting you on September 26th – please place in a bag for collection.
The Food Bank needs:
Tinned rice pudding
Small jars of coffee
Small tins of drinking chocolate
Long grain rice
Thank you! P.S. Please ensure that items are not beyond their ‘best before’ date
Link to Hope Shoebox Appeal 2020
Once again, we intend to support the Link to Hope Shoebox Appeal. This year, how we organise it will be different, but we will do this, as the Covid19 Pandemic makes the support and kindness encapsulated in such appeals even more necessary. Link to Hope are finding it more difficult to help the situation in Eastern Europe this year as their charity shops are not yet all open so donations are currently more needed than ever. Bridget is co-ordinating the collection of items & has already amassed a quantity of goods from the list for the Family & Elderly shoebox listing.
How you can contribute
- Let Bridget know if you have any Men’s shoeboxes to donate
- Make a donation of £15 for a shoebox, which covers the contents & transport charge
- Donations can be via cheque or cash; speak to Bridget about how to arrange paying this
- Do respond soon; the boxes will be sent in early November & we will have to get them to a central Covid safe point before that
MacMillan Coffee Morning 26th September
We will be supporting the MacMillan Coffee Morning through our online Coffee Morning at 11 a.m. on Saturday September 26th. See the separate page on this web site.
We support our local community in various ways.
- Providing a safe space in the Hub for the people of Beacon Hill, especially those who have mental health and learning difficulties
- Donating to Haslemere Foodbank,
- Supporting Parents with our URChins Club (Mother and Toddler group)
- Provide community space for people to seek a wholeness in health and wellbeing.
The URChins Club: currently closed due to Government advice in the Covid 19 pandemic
URChins toddler group runs in the Osborne Hall and welcomes all parents and carers with under-fives on Friday mornings during term times 9-11.00 am. We ask £1 per family which includes child- friendly snacks and a hot drink for adults. A variety of table and floor toys are on offer and a take home craft to make is available for all! You are welcome to stay for the whole or as little of the session you wish. Please just turn up or contact Bridget 01428 606236 for further information.
Even though we are a small congregation, we are committed to supporting various projects