NEW Monthly Virtual Nurture Group
Similar to Bible Study: currently we are focusing on the Women of the Christmas and Epiphany narrative. Join us on December 21st at 2 p.m. for our next session. It lasts about an hour and you are welcome to listen, discuss and think about the topic under discussion. An invitation to this Zoom based session will be sent out the week before it takes place.
Stepwise: developing your discipleship
Thinking about how you might nurture your faith? In these lockdown times, the Stepwise programme is now available online with group membership across the Synod. Have a look at this short video to learn more.
Being a Christian means that you are on a journey of faith, with many ups and downs. Be reassured that God is with you as you progress on the path of discipleship. Reading the scriptures, and being with a community of fellow disciples can be very encouraging but sometimes we need a little more. Attending Sunday worship, Bible study groups, and conversations can help, however below are some links to websites that are useful and I recommend them to you for further reflection. I have also identified some books, and films for consideration.
TIP. When considering a situation, issue or relationship, whether it is yours or someone else’s, always ask the question ‘ Where is God ? Can I see God working? Can I see justice and love ?
Websites for Nurturing Faith
- re jesus is an extensive website , which includes discussion topics , prayers, quizzes and lots more.
- Sacred Space is an on line prayer community, with many helpful suggestions
- Living spaces is from the Sacred Space Sacred Space website and has daily readings
The United reformed Church has a monthly magazine, REFORM; you can access REFORM from the above link.
Suggested Theological Reading
- Marcus Borg: The God I never knew
- Marcos Borg : Meeting Jesus for the first time
- Brian MacClaren :A new Kind of Christianity
- Ann Morrisey: Beyond the Good Samaritan
- Graham Adams: Christ and the other
- Brian Wren: Which language should I borrow
- Geza Vermes: Jesus the Jew
Suggested Spiritual Reading
- Richard Rohr Falling upwards
- Henri Nouwen
Films for Theological Reflection
- The Kings Speech
- Man Dancin’
- Lars and the real Girl
- Harry Potter films
- War Horse
- The Deer Hunter